How to find Warwick Hall (Warwick-on-Eden, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA4 8PG):
From the M6
- Take Exit 43 off the M6 at Carlisle.
- Pick up the A69 East towards Hexham and Newcastle. Go about 2 miles to Warwick on Eden, ignoring signs for the village. Stay on the A69.
- The A69 will go down a steep hill. Slow down or you’ll shoot past the gate. So frustrating….
- Look left for a red sandstone wall and Warwick Hall sign. When you’re right on top of it, you’ll see the gate and a little gate lodge.
- Come down the drive and ring the bell at the front door.
- If you get to the river, you’ve gone too far…
Virgin Rail runs a good service direct to Carlisle:
- from London Euston 3 hours 20 minutes
- an hour from Glasgow
- an hour and a half from Edinburgh.
- We’re four miles from Carlisle station.
If you’re coming from Newcastle some trains stop in Wetheral, a mile from Warwick Hall. Otherwise, go on to Carlisle.